We, Birchwell Developments Ltd., intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a strategic housing development on lands at Back Road and Kinsealy Lane, Kinsaley, Broomfield, Malahide, Co. Dublin. The northern lands are generally bound by Ashwood Hall to the west, and the southern lands are generally bound by Hazelbrook to the west and Brookfield to the north.
The development will consist of the demolition of the former rugby clubhouse structure on site and the construction of a total of 415 no. residential units (252 no. houses, 135 no. apartments, and 28 no. duplex units); with 1 no. childcare facility and ancillary residential amenity facilities to be provided as follows:·
· 252 no. residential houses (192 no. 3 bed units, 48 no. 4 bed units, 12 no. 5 bed units) in detached, semi-detached, mid-terraced and end-terraced houses ranging from two to three storey in height;
· Apartment Blocks A & B are connected at ground and first floor level sharing an undercroft car park at ground floor level and a landscaped podium garden at first floor level, and contain a total of 110 no. units in 2 no. buildings ranging from one to five storeys in height, with Apartment Block A containing a total of 54 no. units comprising of 14 no. 1 bed units, 39 no. 2 bed units, and 1 no. 3 bed unit, and Apartment Block B containing a total of 56 no. units comprising of 14 no. 1 bed units, 40 no. 2 bed units, and 2 no. 3 bed units, with all units provided with private balconies/terraces; internal bicycle stores, bin stores and plant rooms at ground floor level; and on-street car parking and bicycle parking. Ancillary residential amenity facilities are also proposed including concierge/reception, meeting room, gym, and multi-purpose room;
· Apartment Block C containing a total of 25 no. units comprising of 9 no. 1 bed units, 14 no. 2 bed units and 2 no. 3 bed units, with all units provided with private balconies/terraces, in a building four storeys in height; with on-street car parking and bicycle parking; with access to a communal bin store and bike store;
· Duplex Block D containing a total of 12 no. units comprising of 6 no. 2 bed units and 6 no. 3 bed units, with all units provided with private balconies/terraces, with a communal bin store and bike store; and 1 no. childcare facility with outdoor play area, all in a building ranging from one to three storeys in height; with residential on-street car parking; and childcare on-street drop-off area, car parking and bicycle parking;
· Duplex Block E containing a total of 8 no. units comprising of 4 no. 1 bed units and 4 no. 2 bed units, with all units provided with private balconies/terraces; in a three storey building; with a communal bin store and bike store, and on-street car parking;
· Duplex Block F containing a total of 8 no. units comprising of 4 no. 1 bed units and 4 no. 2 bed units, with all units provided with private balconies/terraces; in a three storey building; with a communal bin store and bike store, and on-street car parking.
The development will provide for a total of 721 no. car parking spaces within the scheme; a total of 227 no. bicycle spaces serving the apartments, duplexes and childcare facility; proposed use of the existing vehicular access off Back Road (proposed vehicular access via Ashwood Hall and Brookfield) and proposed use of the existing vehicular access off Kinsealy Lane (proposed vehicular access via Hazelbrook); proposed upgrades to public realm including footpaths, landscaping including play equipment, boundary treatments, and public lighting; and all associated engineering and site works necessary to facilitate the development including proposed upgrade of part of the existing foul drainage network in Hazelbrook, and proposed connection and associated works to the existing foul network along Kinsealy Lane which will be upgraded under planning permission Reg. Ref. F21A/0451.
The application contains a statement setting out how the proposal will be consistent with the objectives of the Fingal Development Plan 2017-2023.
The application contains a statement indicating why permission should be granted for the proposed development, having regard to a consideration specified in section 37(2)(b) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended, notwithstanding that the proposed development materially contravenes a relevant development plan or local area plan other than in relation to the zoning of the land.
An Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) and a Natura Impact Statement (NIS) have been prepared in respect of the proposed development.